You’re having one of those hectic days which would seem totally insane to an outsider but which to you is all too familiar. So many things to get done, to worry about…so many hurdles, roadblocks, pitfalls, interruptions.
Reality is what it is, we can’t change that, but we can help you make your day seem easier and more manageable. We can lower your stress level.
All you have to do is set aside 5 minutes and agree to sit somewhere, anywhere comfortable and close your eyes. You could be in the car waiting for someone, or in a doctor’s office, at your desk, in the kitchen…it doesn’t matter.
Simply do the following:
- Sit comfortably with you back straight but not tense and close your eyes.
- Become aware of your breath.
- Breath in slowly through you nostrils until your lungs are over half full and then exhale slowly.
- Follow your breath and not your thoughts.
- Every time your mind is distracted by a thought, bring it back to your breath.
- As you breath out imagine you are exhaling your tension and worries in the form of thick, black smoke.
- As you breath in imagine you are inhaling peaceful clear light which fills your entire mind and body.
- Allow yourself to continue this way for a few moments and notice how relaxed and calm you feel.
- Before you open your eyes, thank yourself for taking care of yourself if only for 5 minutes and promise yourself you’ll do this again tomorrow.
Want to know more about Unfrazzle?