Fifty percent of the adults living in the industrialized world are chronically sleep deprived. over 30 percent of adult drivers polled admit to falling asleep at the wheel at least once. Roughly 24,000 people die each year in North America and Europe in accidents caused by sleepy drivers.
Lack of sleep contributes to heart disease and weight gain and is even associated with dementia. Sleeping pills might provide a short-term solution, but they do not provide the kind of sleep you need to operate at your optimum level. To help you get more sleep, we’ve devised the following tips.
- 1. Get rid of the TV in your bedroom.
- 2. Turn your phone off.
- 3. Keep your bedroom cool.
- 4. Close the curtains, the darker your bedroom the better.
- 5. Keep doors shut.
- 6. Avoid clutter, it wears on your mind and can contribute to stress.
- 7. Try a “white noise” machine
- 8. Use quality bedding.
- 9. Have a firm mattress.
- 10. Use a neck pillow.
- 11. Don’t smoke for two hours before going to bed.
- 12. Don’t drink for four hours before going to bed.
- 13. Skip the caffeine, after lunch, not dinner.
- 14. Bathe or shower before bed.
- 15. Try meditation.
- 16. Avoid stress.
- 17. Have a rule: No arguments before bed.
- 18. Read before sleeping.
- 19. Do some deep breathing.
- 20. Try the natural hormone melatonin.
- 21. Keep pets out of the bedroom unless you have a cozy dog.
Want to know more about Unfrazzle?